Make a referral
You can make a referral to YC Hertfordshire if you are a young person (self-referral), a parent/carer or a professional.
How do I make a referral?
*Please note : if you are referring to the Supporting You programme, please use this form
What happens when I make a referral?
When you make a referral, it will be sent to the relevant YC Hertfordshire team and you will be contacted within a few days to discuss how best we can meet the young person's needs.
This may include working with the young person on a one-to-one basis or identifying a local project or programme which can provide the appropriate support.
What projects and programmes are available?
All YC Hertfordshire local/district teams deliver projects and programmes. These include:
- Projects for young people (aged 13-17 and 18-24) with learning disabilities
- Projects for young people (aged 13-17 and 18-24) who are lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and questioning
- Projects for young parents (including the Plus One programme)
- Projects for care leavers and young people in care (CLA) through the Care Leaver Hubs
- Projects for young carers
- Projects for young people who are vulnerable to low self-esteem and mental health issues (including the Supporting You programme).
- Youth Councils
- National Citizen Service
- YCH Duke of Edinburgh Award Projects
Our projects and programmes help to tackle the following issues:
- Young people at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation, gang involvement, violence and risky behaviour
- Independent living skills – especially, but not exclusively, for Children Looked After and care leavers
- Sexual health, physical health and relationships
- Smoking, substance misuse and alcohol
- Engagement in education and preparation for training and work
- Resilience, confidence, self-esteem and identity
- Information, advice and careers guidance to support participation in education, training or employment if out of school or NEET
If you have any questions, please contact us on 0300 123 7538 or email email@example.com