Info on jobs and apprenticeships
Use the information in this section to help find out more about looking for jobs and apprenticeships
If you are 16 to 19 and live in Hertfordshire let YC Hertfordshire help you...
- Search for current jobs and apprenticeship opportunities with Hertsjobs16to19
- Call into one of our Access Points or ring us on 01438 844766 or text 07860022898 for advice about job hunting, CV tips and receive alerts, text messages about vacancies
- Follow us on Twitter
Job hunting advice...
Check your contact details - if you have a mobile, Facebook page or e-mail address, make sure it is suitable for employers to see or hear. Listen to your voicemail message and check your email address - will an employer find them business-like and sensible or do you want a new e-mail address for job search?
Use the internet: there are lots of jobs websites and many companies only advertise on their websites. Check the jobs section on websites of local papers in your area, and look at our list of suitable websites - Where to find job vacancies
Use social networking sites: such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, to help with your job search; track down and research companies and individuals.
- Ensure your profile is professional
- Select 10 - 15 employers/companies that you are interested in
Local employment agencies may have vacancies suitable for young people. Your nearest YC Hertfordshire Access Point will have details of the agencies.
Check out our links to National Employers: These employers all have schemes for school leavers in and around Hertfordshire.
If you know the type of employment you want, use directories or website searches to get a local list of employers so you can send or take them a copy of your CV. You might be lucky and be considered for a job that has not been advertised yet.
Also register on www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship for apprenticeship vacancies.
If you would like to talk to someone and get help with your job search call into your nearest YC Hertfordshire Access Point.
When to start looking
Some employers and apprenticeships are advertised nearly a year in advance, others recruit as and when someone leaves. So keep looking, check websites and papers regularly and register for updates to be sent to you.
Register for an account on our website to...
- You can search for opportunities by town or postcode, by occupational area and by skill or type.
- To apply for any of the opportunities listed you will need to create an account, and we will contact you to let you know how to apply.
- You can use the site on tablets and mobiles so why not add a shortcut to your home screen for faster browsing.
- If you have an account you can use the new CV builder to create a new look CV to help you get a job.
Register for an account here