Employment and apprenticeship support
Equipping young people with the knowledge about apprenticeships, employment opportunities and training is is more important than ever.
YC Hertfordshire Employment and Training Advisers have extensive local knowledge of the job market, the expectations of employers and various selection methods. We can offer a range of services including:
Job search and applying for work:
- Presenting yourself
- Job Hunting
- CV Writing
- Interview Skills
- Employer Expectations
- What are apprenticeships
- Benefits of apprenticeships
- Skills relevant to employment and qualifications that provide transferable skills
- How to search, find, register and apply for apprenticeship vacancies
Careers in the modern world and labour market information:
- What modern career paths look like and how to prepare for the future
- The labour market and availability of local opportunities
- Occupation-specific sessions
Outcomes of employment and apprenticeship support could include increased confidence and presentation skills, enhanced team work and communication skills and understanding of personal qualities.
“82% of businesses feel employability skills are the single most important consideration when recruiting.” (CBI Study, May 2011)
We can also offer short courses and individual group sessions.
The nature and content of any group work will be designed to respond to needs, to deliver planned outcomes and can be tailored to specific groups.
For more information about our employability courses please contact: