Taking up smoking can have lifelong impacts, it’s not only costly to your bank balance but to your health too. It’s never too late to quit.
Young people tell us:
- I want to give up but don’t know how
- I only smoke when I’m out, I won’t get addicted
- Am I old enough to use patches
- I only smoke menthol because my friends say they are better for you
- I smoke Shisha because there is no tobacco in it…..right?
What can you do:
Call in to one of our One Stop Shops where we can give you information, help you to stop smoking and support you to cope with your feelings and worries.
Join one of our youth projects where you can make friends, build confidence and self-esteem, discuss issues of concern to young people, take part in sports, drama, dance, music, workshops and outdoor activities in a safe environment. Learn about life and others in an informal way.
Speak to a personal adviser at school or college.
- Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service
- Young and Smokefree
- www.talktofrank.com - search 'Tobacco' in the A-z
- Rise Above