Getting your A-level or GCSE results? YC Hertfordshire is here to help.
13 August 2018
Whatever results you get, Hertfordshire County Council’s youth service, YC Hertfordshire, is on hand to help you navigate the choices available, whether that’s in education, training or employment.
On and around both exam results days, 16th and 23rd August 2018, our expert personal advisers will be on hand to help you make the choices that are right for you. Whether your results are better or worse than you’d hoped for, there are plenty of options available. Information, advice and guidance is available from YC Hertfordshire Access Points across Hertfordshire.
You can also search for jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships on our website and register to get job alerts in your chosen occupational categories via text or email. You’ll receive the job details including how to apply, get access to our CV builder and further support from the team. Call them to discuss vacancies on the site on 01438 844766, text them on 07860 022898 or click the live webchat box on this page – all open until 7pm every day. You can also follow them on twitter @hertsjobs16to19.
This year the national Exam Results Helpline will be delivered by the National Careers Service. It will go live on the 16th August and will be available to students and parents from 8am to 10pm seven days a week on 0800 100900. Advisers will be able to support on A-levels, GCSEs, BTECs, apprenticeships, university, gap years, re-sits, re-marks and student finance.
County Councillor Teresa Heritage, Deputy Leader of Hertfordshire County Council and Cabinet Member for Children, Young People and Families, said:
“I would like to wish all of Hertfordshire’s students awaiting exam results the very best of luck and early congratulations to those who achieve their desired results for which they have worked hard for many years.
“Whether you’ve exceeded your expectations, want to rethink your plans or if the news isn’t quite what you’d hoped for, I would like to reassure you and your parents that help is available. Dedicated people will be on hand at YC Hertfordshire to give you all the advice you need to make the most of the many opportunities available to you both in Hertfordshire and beyond.
“Whatever you decide, on behalf of the County Council, I wish you Good Luck and all the very best for the future."
YC Hertfordshire Access Point opening times on exam results days
Please click the links for full details and to see the venues on a map.
- Letchworth Access Point (not normally open on Thursdays) will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm.
- Bishop's Stortford Access Point will be open Thursday16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm.
- Borehamwood Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm.
- Cheshunt Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm.
- Hemel Hempstead Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm. Additional appointments also available.
- St Albans Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm. Additional appointments also available.
- Stevenage Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2.30–5.30pm.
- Watford Access Point will be open Thursday 16th and Thursday 23rd, 2–5pm.